Thursday 30 July 2009

Emperor Akbar and the Baby

Emperor Akbar was angry with his clever courtier, Birbal. "How dare you come to my court so late?" he said.
"I'm sorry, Your Majesty. My little child made such a fuss that I could not come earlier, " explained Birbal. "Nonsense!How can a child stop you?" "Your Majesty,I'll be a baby and you can act as my father." "All right,"said the Emperor.
"I want sugercane!" said 'baby'. "But this is not the season for sugarcane......ask for something else." "I want sugercane!"screamed 'baby'.
So the Emperor sent his men to find sugercane. At last, they found one sugercane stick. "Here it is, Birbal." said the Emperor. "I want it cut into small pieces," said 'baby.
The Emperor made his cook cut it into pieces and gave them to Birbal. Birbal looked at the pieces and began to cry again. "What's the matter now?" Akbar sighed. "I want the whole sugercane hot in pieces like this!" sobbed Birbal the baby.
"I give up!" said the Emperor, "You win, Birbal!"
(Copy from year 2009 June language programmes)

1 comment:

  1. 什么来的?
    我英文很烂,不是很明白。
    哈哈!
    请多多指教。

    ReplyDelete